• Yard Waste (Please visit our Yard Waste Page for disposal options for these items.)
• Furniture or pieces of furniture
• Construction materials
• Household Hazardous Waste (Please visit our Household Hazardous Waste Page for disposal options for these items.)
• Tires, car batteries, and other automobile parts
• Compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
• Refrigerated appliances (refrigerators, freezers, dehumidifiers, heat pumps, water coolers and air conditioners)
• Dead animals
• Bowling balls
• Cooking oils and grease
For these items, please call a private hauler (check google local or the yellow pages under "Rubbish").
The Division of Refuse Collection collects dead animals in the public right-of-way
• One person, using a specialized pick-up truck, provides this service
• For collection of a dead animal on a city of Columbus street or sidewalk, call 645-5966
• Dead animals cannot be collected from within your house, basement or garage, or anywhere on your property.
• Please contact a private animal control company for animal removal from private property
• Veterinarians and some local funeral homes will accept dead animals.
• You may arrange to drop-off a dead animal by calling the Capital Area humane Society (614) 777-7387, extension 208.
• For the collection of dead animals on county roads or highways, contact the Franklin County Department of Highway Maintenance at (614) 462-3072.
Can't find what you are looking for?
Check our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) or call (614) 645-3111 to talk to a 311 Service Center Representative.
Questions? Call the 311 Service Center at (614) 645-3111